This turned out so yummy! I was really worried that putting it together would be difficult, but the hardest part was filling it with the meat, and even that wasn't actually that hard. This is perfect for parties and other functions. You can prepare it, stick it in the fridge, and bake it once people start to arrive so its nice an hot once you start eating. Only takes 20 minutes to bake! Here's a couple of step by step pictures as well to help you along. There is also a cheeseburger version that I will be trying soon.
1 lb. ground beef 1 pkg. taco seasoning 1 cup shred. cheese
2 cans crescent rolls 2 Tbsp. water
green bell pepper salsa lettuce tomato
chopped onion olives sour cream
*I left out the olives and then forgot the tomatoes so you wont see those in the picture...lol
- Preheat oven to 375. Brown ground beef and drain grease. Stir in taco seasoning, water and cheese.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate. Arrange triangles in a circle on a round baking pan (covered with parchment paper and sprayed with cooking spray) with wide ends overlapping in center and points toward the outside. There should be about a 5 inch diameter in the center.
- Scoop meat mixture evenly onto widest ends of dough at center of ring. Bring points in and over and tuck underneath the wide end.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can garnish with bell pepper, lettuce, salsa, tomatoes, onion, sour cream, olives, etc.
* Instead of using shredded cheese, I used sliced cheese. I laid one layer of cheese down BEFORE the beef mixture, and then another one on on top of the mixture, then folded the dough over.
**The bell pepper salsa cup is very easy to make. Just cut off the top, the smallest amount you can. Scoop out the middle. Cut the sides into 1/2 in triangles to make the gagged pattern. Fill with salsa, and put in the center. Wait to put garnish and salsa cup in the middle until right before serving so it doesn't get warm.