Weight Loss Counter

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Inches Lost

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Surgery Days

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Exercise Counter

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Thursday, December 27, 2012

What Are You Gonna Gain?



As I have said before, I do not like New Year's Resolutions.  People rarely actually keep resolutions, but I believe we should be making year round healthy goals and decisions for ourselves.  

Personally I have been struggling lately.  I am struggling with going to the gym, I think its been a week now.  I am constantly hungry right now, but spite that I did very well over the holidays!  I am also in the middle of making some new and healthy goals for myself.  When things don't seem to be going as they should, or working for you like they should, that's when its time to re-examine your goals.  See where the problem actually is, then tweak it! Its time for me to re-evaluate myself and my goals.

The number one resolution people make is to lose weight. It may be 10 pounds or it may be 100 pounds.  A lot of times we get so caught up on what we need to lose, that we don't look at what we will GAIN!  There is so much to gain from weight loss.  Better health of course, but you gain pride in yourself, self-worth, energy, optimism, self-confidence, and many more.  It will help us in every relationship, from our spouse to our co-workers.  There is also abilities we will gain.  Things we couldn't do before.  Jogging down the road, riding a horse, getting on that roller coaster, these are all personal abilities I want to gain.

If counting down the pounds and seeing how much you have to lose is not working for you, maybe you should try counting the things you want to gain and WILL gain!  Here's hoping there are wonderful things to come for us all in 2013! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment