Weight Loss Counter

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Inches Lost

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Surgery Days

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Exercise Counter

LilySlim Exercise days tickers

Friday, January 18, 2013

Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork (or Chicken)


I found this recipe on www.kraftrecipes.com.  They have a lot of pretty simple recipes.  Most are quick as well.  The website has several features that include special dietary recipes, and will even make a grocery list for you.

I usually do not post a recipe until I have tried it, so this is a first for me.  I will be making it tomorrow night and will post on FB how it turned out.  IF, for some reason, it is a major flop I will post on my blog what went wrong and what to do instead, but I doubt that will happen.

This will be a great recipe for those chinese cravings.  I ALWAYS have chinese cravings, but most food from a chinese restraunt is so bad for you, even though it tastes oh soooo good! So try this on for size and see if it helps!

1-1/2  lb. boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 onion, chopped
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
3/4 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
1 can (8 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice, drained
1 green pepper, chopped
2 cups instant white rice, uncooked

PLACE meat in slow cooker; top with onions.
ADD broth and barbecue sauce; cover with lid. Cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours (or on HIGH 4 hours).
STIR in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on LOW 30 min. or until rice is tender.

This recipe couldn't get any more simple. I cooked my own rice, used reduced sodium chicken broth, and used chicken instead of pork.


No comments:

Post a Comment